Salary: $ 79,620.00 - $ 91,563.00 (Annual)
POST UNTIL: 10/05/2020
The mission of the New York City Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in New York City by working in partnership with the community to enforce the law, preserve peace, protect the people, reduce fear, and maintain order. The NYPD strives to foster a safe and fair city by incorporating Neighborhood Policing into all facets of Department operations, and solve the problems that create crime and disorder through an interdependent relationship between the people and its police, and by pioneering strategic innovation
The Department Advocate's Office is seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Agency Attorney, III to assist with Department disciplinary Operations.
The selected Agency Attorney, III candidates will be responsible for:
- Performing difficult and complex legal work and negotiations on behalf of the Department
- Preparing and arguing complex cases involving significant legal implications for the Department and City
- Reviewing, revising, and approving agreements prepared by other attorneys
- Supervising and second seating junior attorneys conducting trials
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Admission to the New York State Bar; and either "2" or "3" below.
2. One year of satisfactory United States legal experience subsequent to admission to any state bar; or
3. Six months of satisfactory service as an Agency Attorney Interne (30086).
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements:
To be assigned to Assignment Level (AL) II, candidates must have one year of experience at Assignment Level I or two years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment. To be assigned to AL III candidates must have two years of experience in Assignment Levels I and/or II or three years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment.
In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance for the employee and his or her spouse or domestic partner and unemancipated children under age 26, union benefits such as dental and vision coverage, paid annual leave and sick leave, paid holidays, a pension, and optional savings and pre-tax programs such as Deferred Compensation, IRA, and a flexible spending account.
Legal Jobs In USA