Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for an experienced alcohol compliance attorney to be based in Seattle and support our rapidly growing and evolving grocery businesses. You will counsel the business on a broad range of issues related to the sale and delivery of alcohol across a variety of product and service offerings. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on alcohol compliance matters.
Principal duties include providing day-to-day advice on compliance matters, monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes, developing and improving compliance policies and procedures, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure compliance, resolving issues that arise in the compliance areas and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. Domestic travel will be required.
· 5+ years of legal experience in alcohol compliance matters, with at least one year at a law firm
· Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense and great judgment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age