Work hard, have fun, and make history with Amazon's legal team. We are looking for an experienced patent paralegal to provide portfolio development support as a member of our in-house patent group. This is a great opportunity to work in a stimulating environment with team-oriented co-workers.
Responsibilities include working with inventors, in-house attorneys and outside counsels, actively managing the preparation and filing of new patent applications, both in the US and internationally, and working collaboratively within a team of legal professionals to identify and pursue improvements in our processes and workflows.
The successful candidate must be curious, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· 3+ years of experience as an intellectual property paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting
· Previous experience coordinating the preparation and filing of patent applications
· High attention to detail and effective at troubleshooting
· Excellent organizational skills, including an ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong communication and analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.