Amazon’s Kindle, Web Services and Consumer/B2B retail businesses are seeking talented attorneys for Associate Corporate Counsel and Corporate Counsel positions across our various teams. These attorneys will partner with the legal team and their business operations clients to achieve operational excellence, ensure compliance with state and federal regulators, consider legal issues of first impression and move strategic deals through to completion.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging and exciting. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required.
· At least 2 full years of legal experience as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
· Strong communication, analytical and computer skills
· In-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
Location: Seattle, WA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.