Senior Counsel, Employment & Litigation (19021363)
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Employment, the Senior Counsel, Employment & Litigation will provide advice and counsel on a wide range of employment issues, including, but not limited to, wage and hour issues, reasonable accommodations and leaves of absence, employee discipline, and implementation of Company policies and practices in response to new and existing laws.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Manager, Litigation & Employment Practices must have strong written and verbal skills and will have responsibility for the following:
- Analyzing, investigating, and drafting responses to pre-litigation employment matters including, but not limited to, agency charges, attorney demand letters, government agency responses, and employment lawsuits.
- Attending mediations and making appearances acting as a strategic and zealous corporate representative.
- Providing advice and counsel on additional litigation-related matters, including case analysis and strategy, coordination of discovery, litigation preparedness, and related matters.
- Maintain an open and continuous line of communication at all times with colleagues and the legal team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- The ideal candidate will have 5-8 of years of experience or more in labor and employment matters, including a strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws related to litigation, and advice and counsel. Exposure to retail, restaurant, or multi-location company operations is strongly preferred.
- A law degree from an American law school and be a member in good standing of a state bar and eligible to practice in the State of California and/or the State of Ohio; a track record of academic distinction is required.
- Litigation background handling employment and commercial single-plaintiff litigation.
- Experience defending against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in both court proceedings and in binding arbitrations.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of employees across the company and across multi-jurisdictional functions as needed to support a dynamic and growing business and understand and balance business exigencies with the provision of first rate, pragmatic legal services.
- Experience providing legal advice and counsel to human resources and responding to agency charges.
- Strong advisory style; confident and flexible in their views (i.e., willing and able to give advice but also adaptable and an excellent listener).
- Experience practicing in both a law firm and in-house setting.
- Experience responding to complicated corporate subpoenas is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Creative, responsive, and motivated to provide excellent legal service.
- A well-grounded individual who can work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment.
- Outstanding work ethic and dedication.
- Sense of humor!
To Get More Legal Jobs In United States...DOWNLOAD OUR APP
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
Primary Location: California - Newport Beach - 9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
9998 - 610 Newport Office-(09998)
610 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach 92660