Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal’s Global Compliance & Ethics team!
SAR Investigator I,Portuguese Fluency
You will be a part of PayPal’s Global Compliance & Ethics (GC&E) team tasked with ensuring that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines. You will be expected to be an AML subject matter expert, with specific emphasis on the creation, monitoring, and timely delivery of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to FinCEN on a daily basis. In the preparation of SARs, you will exercise independent judgment and discretion handling highly sensitive casework.
In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Your efforts will be in accordance to PayPal’s Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities. You will be tasked with ensuring that PayPal implements the appropriate monitoring and controls of customer activity to ensure that PayPal is satisfying its obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and incorporating successful leadership practices to ensure that your team successfully executes on these obligations accordingly. You will need to demonstrate the ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints with all levels of Global Compliance & Ethics leadership. You may be expected to interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to represent reasoning of case disposition. It will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes and seek ways to enhance current processes and controls.
As a SAR Investigator, your responsibilities include:
• Applying analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and effectively supported recommendations on cases for reporting to Financial Crimes enforcement Network (FinCEN) and/or OFAC. Such investigation decisions are critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
• Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal or suspicious activity;
• Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
• Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including Acceptable Use Policy adherence and Know Your Customer efforts;
• Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
• Regularly exercise good judgment and in making decisions or recommendations in relation to case investigations
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field;
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
• Fluent in Portuguese required
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to
communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
• Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues
• Interact with peers and financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters and represent reasoning of case disposition;
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Written Communications
• Directing Others
• Developing Direct Reports
Location: Chandler, AZ
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.