This position is responsible for providing advice and counsel on privacy-related laws and regulations impacting insurance products, with emphasis on life insurance products including variable annuities. Additionally, this position includes responsibility for federal/state legislative and/or regulatory affairs and public policy issues regarding life, annuity and employee benefits products.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing legal counsel and support to the Chief Privacy Officer on privacy-related issues including, but not limited to, GLBA, HIPPAA, HITECH, GDPR and CCPA as well as incident response
• Representing the company before state and federal regulators as well as in state and national trade organizations including the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and liaising with business partners regarding legislative and/or regulatory issues
• Responding to regulatory inquiries, reviewing state and federal laws and regulations, and developing/executing advocacy strategies with respect to legislative and agency rulemaking
• Law degree
• 5-10 years of legal experience with an AmLaw 100 law firm or financial services company
• Knowledge of US privacy laws/regulations as well as the regulatory regimes (e.g., state insurance laws and federal securities laws) governing life insurance products and/or group accident and health insurance products a plus
• STEM background is a plus.
• Experience working on complex legal matters (e.g., commercial litigation, large-scale M&A transactions, etc.)
• Ability to provide substantive legal counsel to senior management of company business units and to effectively interact with state regulators and industry associations to drive favorable outcomes.
• Strong analytical, counseling, and both written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain relationships with federal/state regulators.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.