The Corporate Counsel will be a key leader in North America who will strategize and implement the company’s goals from a legal perspective, while also limiting the company’s legal risk.
· Act as a resource and offer counsel on all legal matters impacting the company or the industry, including keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
· Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of the same.
· Oversee the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of external counsel.
· Promote, protect and set the tone to reflect the Company’s reputation for ethics, integrity, and honesty in all dealings
· Work with all levels of management to ensure that appropriate compliance processes and controls are established and documented within the areas of responsibility
· Assess claims against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes and minimize exposure, where warranted.
· Support the company on management and legal assessment of employment agreements, separation issues, issues relating to compensation and benefits administration, contracts, service agreements, etc.
· Advise on legal aspects of the company’s structure, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
· Law degree and member in good standing.
· Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in either a general practice law firm environment or corporate law.
· Experience working on matters of corporate governance and with Senior Leadership
· Must be a business-oriented legal counsel with the ability to provide solutions and strategies and contribute positively to an open exchange of ideas and an atmosphere of communication and team spirit.
· Demonstrated broad business orientation and ability to aggressively establish instant credibility as an attorney and business partner with a cross-functional perspective.
· Diverse transaction and project management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and organize multiple cross-functional tasks.
· Experience presenting to internal and external executives
· Experience in drafting and negotiating agreements
· Strong knowledge of labor laws
The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.