Organization: Legal and Compliance
Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 246875
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Princeton, United States-New Jersey-Iselin, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
You will be part of the US Corporate Development (CD) Legal Team of the Legal and Compliance Department. You will report into the Associate General Counsel and Head of the CD Legal Team and will provide support to SCM, IT, IOT, and other organizations within Siemens. You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating and drafting various types of procurement and sales contracts in many diverse subject areas, as well as providing strategic guidance, training, template creation and all other legal support as may be needed from the CD Legal Team. This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA but will consider qualified candidates that reside near a major Siemens office on the east coast.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide strategic, commercial and corporate legal support at all levels of commercial transactions on a wide variety of procurement and sales topics (e.g., goods and services, marketing and communications, technology, freight forwarding and logistics, consulting services, special events, hotel and event services, etc.);
• Independently draft and negotiate large and complicated commercial agreements;
• Create and update model documents (e.g., master services agreements, terms and conditions, global master agreements and local services agreements) to maintain conformity with controlled intra-group policies and internal regulations;
• Train and educate stakeholders/business partners on key commercial, legal, data privacy, cybersecurity, antitrust, export control and other significant regulatory considerations;
• Collaborate and coordinate across departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal terms while minimizing risk;
• Counsel on post-transaction related issues;
• Ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs;
• Serve as a mentor and role model to contract managers on team; and
• Other functions and responsibilities as determined by the needs of the CD Legal Team.
• Exemplary ability to independently lead and execute all phases of challenging transactional engagements — from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and any post-closing conflict resolution;
• Expertise in Delaware and / or New York commercial and corporate law, as well as the Uniform Commercial Code;
• Very positive and friendly demeanor with a dynamic work ethic who is driven by performance excellence and ownership culture, and who has the people skills to thrive in a matrixed organization;
• Extremely adept at balancing critical legal oversight and risk mitigation strategies with the need for practical, business-oriented and efficient solutions;
• Comfortable dealing with exceedingly tight deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment;
• Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executives;
• Experience counseling non-U.S. clients as well as U.S. affiliates of a foreign company;
• Demonstrated expertise in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners;
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, along with high character and personal integrity;
• Proven ability to initiate and follow-up on actions with minimal supervision;
• Strong stakeholder focus and business acumen;
• Highly flexible with a willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities; and
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally (5%-10%).
• Juris Doctorate from accredited law school;
• At least 7 years of experience involving complex, international, strategic commercial transactions (at least 5 years with a well-regarded law firm);
• Admitted to practice law in at least one state;
• Experience working in the legal department of a large, multinational corporation strongly preferred;
• At least 1 year of working experience with individuals and teams (internally) or third parties from diverse cultural and education backgrounds and disciplines, preferably located across multiple countries;
• Government contracting experience is a plus;
• Strong knowledge of licensing as well as intellectual property and technology law preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal) required;
• Negotiation abilities a must;
• Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite; and
• Team player who can also work independently while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law