IAVI Hiring Legal Counsel For Those Who Did JD Degree
Posted on: 30 Jun 2020 115 views
:Legal Counsel :IAVI : https://www.iavi.org/ : New York, New York, United States :JD : 5
The General Counsel's Office provides proactive legal counsel to the board, management and staff of IAVI. The Legal Counsel is responsible for all legal issues, business development activities, risk management and compliance. Legal Counsel will work under the guidance of Associate General Counsel and work with other attorneys in the group to provide legal support across a wide range of legal, regulatory and ethical issues.
• Provide legal support to IAVI’s R&D programs, including interactions with research laboratories, pre-clinical and clinical translational development activities (e.g., CDAs, MTAs, research agreements, clinical trial agreements, collaboration agreements, license agreements, etc.), the establishment of vaccine development collaborations, and provide support to regulatory and quality activities and functions;
• Draft, review and negotiate contracts with partner organizations (pharma and biotech companies, universities, NGOs and governments), and provide business focused legal advice;
• Work in a coordinated and integrated fashion within IAVI’s General Counsel’s Office, and with the Business Development and intellectual property management functions, to support IAVI’s R&D programs; and
• Work with R&D team in ensuring the success of the business and in the support of its translational development activities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• JD degree and New York bar admission;
• 5 years relevant work experience preferred;
• Transnational experience, including contracts and intellectual property issues relating to pre-clinical and clinical research activities and business development activities;
• Proactive, action oriented, and collaborative;
• Strong project management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Strong drafting skills; and
• Strong analytical skills.
• Receptive to and takes positive action on feedback, recommendations and requests;
• Listens actively and communicates effectively with others;
• Clearly articulates viewpoints and respects others’ ideas;
• Takes proactive steps to collaborate with members from other teams/departments;
• Strives for excellence and seeks solutions to system/process failures; and
• Fulfills commitments; and is accountable for outcomes.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Mobility to perform the essential functions of the position
• Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone constantly (66-100%)
• Typical office environment
• Occasional travel off-site for team meetings with collaborators, as needed (up to 20%)
• Ability to travel to IAVI offices in New York
• Perform other duties as assigned
IAVI IS A NONPROFIT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO ADDRESSING URGENT, UNMET GLOBAL HEALTH CHALLENGES INCLUDING HIV AND TUBERCULOSIS. OUR MISSION IS TO TRANSLATE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES INTO AFFORDABLE, GLOBALLY ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC HEALTH SOLUTIONS.
THROUGH SCIENTIFIC AND CLINICAL RESEARCH IN AFRICA, INDIA, EUROPE, AND THE U.S., IAVI IS PIONEERING THE DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMEDICAL INNOVATIONS DESIGNED FOR BROAD GLOBAL ACCESS. WE DEVELOP VACCINES AND ANTIBODIES IN AND FOR THE DEVELOPING WORLD AND SEEK TO ACCELERATE THEIR INTRODUCTION IN LOW-INCOME COUNTRIES.
IAVI PROGRAMS AND PARTNERSHIPS ARE GROUNDED IN THE REGIONS OF THE WORLD WHERE THE DISEASE BURDEN IS THE GREATEST, AND OUR APPROACH EMPHASIZES SUSTAINABILITY. OUR NETWORK OF CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTER PARTNERS IN AFRICA AND INDIA HELPS STRENGTHEN IN-COUNTRY RESEARCH CAPACITY AND SUPPORTS THE TRAINING AND EDUCATION OF THE NEXT GENERATION OF SCIENTISTS. THE GLOBAL IMPACT OF OUR SCIENCE INCLUDES FUNDAMENTAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO UNDERSTANDING THE BIOLOGY OF HIV INFECTION, WHICH IAVI AND OTHERS ARE APPLYING TOWARD ADVANCING VACCINE SCIENCE AND IMMUNOLOGY.
IAVI ACCELERATES SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT BY FOSTERING UNIQUE COLLABORATIONS AMONG ACADEMIA, INDUSTRY, LOCAL COMMUNITIES, GOVERNMENTS, AND FUNDERS TO EXPLORE NEW AND BETTER WAYS TO ADDRESS PUBLIC HEALTH THREATS THAT DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECT PEOPLE LIVING IN POVERTY.
OUR GLOBAL REACH, INCLUDING A CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK IN FIVE COUNTRIES IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA AND IN INDIA, HAS ALLOWED US TO MAKE FUNDAMENTAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO UNDERSTANDING THE EPIDEMIOLOGY, TRANSMISSION, VIROLOGY, AND IMMUNOLOGY OF HIV. THIS WORK PLAYED A KEY ROLE IN FACILITATING THE DESIGN OF PROMISING HIV VACCINE CANDIDATES, AS WELL AS THE DISCOVERY OF BROADLY NEUTRALIZING ANTIBODIES THAT ARE NOW BEING ADVANCED AS PROMISING APPROACHES FOR HIV PREVENTION. OUR INTEGRATED CAPABILITIES IN VACCINE AND ANTIBODY DISCOVERY, DEVELOPMENT, AND CLINICAL RESEARCH TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BIO-PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY EXPERTISE TO ACCELERATE THE DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF PREVENTION METHODS FOR HIV AND OTHER DISEASES. THROUGH THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CENTER, WE SUPPORT EXTERNAL RESEARCHERS WITH TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC EXPERTISE TO ACCELERATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR OWN PRODUCTS.
IAVI CORE VALUES
• DEDICATION TO THE MISSION: WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE TRANSLATION OF SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES INTO AFFORDABLE, GLOBALLY ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC HEALTH SOLUTIONS.
• INNOVATIVE EVOLUTION: WE ARE COMMITTED TO SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS IN CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE WAYS, LEARNING FROM OUR MISTAKES AND SUCCESSES AND NEVER GIVING UP
• INTEGRITY: WE ARE COMMITTED TO MEETING THE HIGHEST ETHICAL AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS IN EVERYTHING WE DO AND TO TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS TO EARN RESPECT
• COLLABORATION: WE ARE COMMITTED TO EMBRACING DIVERSITY, THE POWER OF GLOBAL TEAMWORK AND THE BELIEF THAT BY WORKING AS ONE WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DISCLAIMER: NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB AT ANY TIME. THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, OTHER THAN AN “AT-WILL” RELATIONSHIP. IAVI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN OR DISABILITY STATUS.
PathLegal has NO control on listed Items above as it's directly from customer. Incase of any discrepancy please write to [email protected]
PathLegal, United States lawyers directory listed lawyers and law firms and their supported services from United States. Here is the place where both clients and lawyers from United States & world wide can connect each other in a better way.