Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
About the role
- Looking for an exceptional all-rounder with experience across mar-tech, ad-tech, or other data-rich commercial environments with at least 2-4 years of relevant legal experience.
- Be the third attorney on a legal team advising a high-growth international marketing tech company with a footprint spanning four continents.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements with customers and suppliers, including online advertising, mar-tech, SAAS, strategic partnerships, data processing, data transfer and other commercial agreements.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant consumer protection, commercial, advertising, IP, cyber-security and data protection laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice.
- Provide concise and commercially astute counsel to Rokt’s fast growing global sales and partnerships teams.
- Identify potential legal risks, manage and advise on potentially contentious matters.
- Support the business with ongoing initiatives including compliance, process improvement, template development and training.
Capabilities & requirements
- At least 2-4 years of relevant legal experience at a top tier law firm and/or in house (preferably in a high growth startup technology company and/or online advertising/marketing).
- JD from a top U.S. accredited law school.
- Excellent working knowledge of laws relating to privacy and data protection (particularly CCPA and GDPR), advertising, consumer protection and deceptive trade and unfair marketing laws.
- Outstanding legal drafting and negotiation skills with previous experience negotiating complex commercial agreements related to the above laws -- insertion orders/services agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, publisher agreements, affiliate agreements, data agreements, licensing agreements, IAB terms… etc.
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to working with colleagues.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- A global perspective, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Strong work ethic and a good sense of humor a must!
- Other “nice to haves”: experience with intellectual property across patents and trademarks, corporate governance/secretarial, M&A, employment, international expansion; CIPP/US, CIPP/E both major pluses.
Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
Join a community. We believe in in-person, we enjoy each others’ company and we make meaningful connections with each other through global all-staff events, interest groups, sports clubs and social events.
Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ’Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years+
Stay happy and healthy.
- Enjoy healthy snacks in the office & join the gym on us!
- 4% dollar for dollar 401K matching plan.
- Premium health insurance for your whole family including: a choice of six different Aetna health benefits plans, some of which are fully funded by Rokt; Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D); Long Term Disability Coverage & Short Term Disability Coverage
Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We encourage and welcome you to apply irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Legal Jobs In USA