Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Support the VP, Patents on company patent litigation and licensing matters, including pre-litigation dispute resolution, preparation and review of pleadings and other court documents, and advising business leaders on strategy and resolution of patent matters. Serve as primary lawyer on certain patent litigation matters – work with senior in-house leaders and outside counsel to create and implement case strategy, manage and coordinate discovery.
- Assist in the selection of outside counsel for patent matters and directly oversee and manage outside counsel activities, budgets, and staffing.
- Represent the company in arbitration, mediation, and settlement negotiations of patent litigation and licensing matters.
- Proactively seek out and advise the company on strategies to reduce patent infringement and litigation risk in the conduct of the business.
- Represent the company’s business and legal interests in the development and delivery of the company’s products and services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with offensive and defensive patent litigation.
- Law Degree. Top 20% of class and law review preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (e.g., Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science)
- Member of the Pennsylvania State Bar (or the ability to waive into PA bar).
- Significant experience with all aspects of discovery and eDiscovery. Experience with conducting fact investigations, taking and defending depositions, preparing discovery responses (including infringement contentions and invalidity contentions), managing document collection and negotiating protective orders.
- Experience with PTAB proceedings. Ideal candidate will have significant experience as primary attorney responsible for drafting PTAB submissions and managing PTAB proceedings.
- Strong grasp of U.S. patent law and patent litigation strategy.
- Superior writing, communication, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to proactively and independently manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines with high quality work product; and ability to proactively organize and manage a large docket of patent matters.
- Ability to function as a proactive and enthusiastic member of a diverse team of talented, independent legal professionals.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively with business leaders and engineers.
- Pre-litigation counseling and licensing experience with a major law firm and/or a corporation a plus.
- Experience with patent acquisition, corporate transaction support, patent portfolio management and strategy, and other areas of intellectual property and litigation, a plus.
- Familiarity with the broadband, video, telephony, and home security businesses, and the technologies utilized therein, a plus.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer