The Public Information Division of the Strategic Initiatives and Special Policies (SI&SP) Unit responds to requests under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL), coordinates responses to subpoenas, and provides legal advice to the agency in privacy and confidentiality matters arising with respect to research studies, audits, investigations, information exchange, and other areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assess and evaluate FOIL requests and subpoenas; communicate with agency staff and requesters as needed.
• Prepare correspondence, track requests, streamline processes, and otherwise coordinate agency responses regarding FOIL requests and subpoenas.
• Perform legal research and analysis concerning privacy/confidentiality matters.
• Perform legal research and analysis concerning FOIL requests and subpoenas.
• Provide legal advice to the agency on the above issues.
• Coordinate with NYCHA business units in providing legal advice and guidance.
• Motion practice as needed.
• Perform other related duties.
NOTE: The selected candidate will be required to maintain confidentiality regarding all NYCHA proceedings.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Admission to the New York State Bar; and either "2" or "3" below.
2. One year of satisfactory United States legal experience subsequent to admission to any state bar; or
3. Six months of satisfactory service as an Agency Attorney Interne (30086).
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements:
To be assigned to Assignment Level (AL) II, candidates must have one year of experience at Assignment Level I or two years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment. To be assigned to AL III candidates must have two years of experience in Assignment Levels I and/or II or three years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment. Preferred Skills
• Strong legal analysis, writing, and research skills.
• Experience in areas of FOIL, subpoenas, privacy and confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to define and address factual and legal issues in a clear and concise fashion, in writing and verbally.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Administrative law experience, including Article 78 motion practice.
• Ability to work effectively in team setting.
• Ability to work independently. Additional Information
1. Resume and cover letter must also include bar admission date(s) (month and year). Candidates must also provide two recent writing samples representing the candidate’s efforts, not those of a reviewer; three references, listing their professional association and the circumstances under which they became familiar with the candidate’s professional skills; a copy of law school transcript.
2. NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
3. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
PathLegal has NO control on listed Items above as it's directly from customer. Incase of any discrepancy please write to [email protected]
PathLegal, United States lawyers directory listed lawyers and law firms and their supported services from United States. Here is the place where both clients and lawyers from United States & world wide can connect each other in a better way.