Aegon Asset Management is a global investment firm with employees located in North America, Europe and Asia. Investment offerings for Aegon Asset Management US and Aegon Real Assets US include credit strategies, global equity, multi-asset and real asset strategies, and customized investment solutions. The firm serves a diverse global client base that includes corporate, union and public pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, sub-advisory, family offices and wealth managers. We are committed to excellence, trust and building long-term partnerships with clients.
Position Overview: Aegon Asset Management provides a wide range of advisory and investment services to affiliates of the Transamerica group of companies and to third-party investors. Asset classes include both equity and debt securities and commercial real estate. The in-house legal group provides transactional legal support. This mid-level position will primarily work in closing, servicing and special servicing commercial mortgage loans. It will also provide support in real estate equity transactions.
Relocation assistance provided
· Close commercial mortgage loans.
· Provide legal advice as to real estate financing and real estate investment.
· Close real estate private equity transactions
· Prepare initial drafts of standard legal documents such as loan application commitments, loan documents, leases, licenses, letters of intent, term sheets, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture documents or other real estate legal documents.
· Review and analyze proposed and existing legislation affecting the company.
· Prepare corporate resolutions and forms.
· Guard against legal risks involving the company.
· Participate and oversee legal actions for and against the company.
· Direct and manage outside counsel.
· Carry out various legal assignments of a more routine, supervised nature.
Required Qualification Counsel level:
Required Qualifications Senior Counsel level:
· JD from an ABA accredited law school
· Five years of relevant legal experience
· Licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
· Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with the intended audience
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to exercise agility and adaptability in providing legal advice
· Comfortable in a rapidly changing corporate environment
· Proficient using MS Office
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.