As a lawyer , it is more important to know some simple yet necessary tips when there is client consultation especially new clients and potential clients . So the first meeting with the client has to create a good impression in the mind of the client and only then the client can decide whether they need to continue with same lawyer or have another lawyer.
- Have a well-maintained website of your law firm or legal service – This is necessary as this enables a client to access you easily before approaching you . Also, your website gives an overall view of the services you provide and also an overview as a lawyer. It is even possible for you to have clients who are from different areas or places and can get legal advice from you through your website. Having client from different places can bring in potential clients too.
- Ensure SEO is done on your website frequently – It is important that search engine optimisation is done on a frequent basis so that your website can be in the list when potential clients search for lawyers and law firms. Also , first mode of having a client is by having a well-maintained website.
- Legal matter discussed – In the first meeting with the client , it is important to have an understanding of the legal matter concerning the client and stress the legal issues to the client . Also, it is necessary to absorb all the required information necessary as the client explains the matter. After the client has explained, mention the issues and legal options available to the client and what all can be done.
- Proper communication – As the client may or may not understand the legal terms and modes , you can explain in an understandable and simple manner to your client so that client can have an idea about the procedure. Also, it has to be ensured that the client is comfortable . In addition to this , it is necessary to see if any documents are available regarding the case which can be useful in later processes.
- Organize the relevant information – By having a proper order of information which gives about various incidents that led to the legal issue can help in a better manner to deal with the case . Also, seeing the orderly and organised manner how you deal with a legal matter is sure to impress the client.
- Update client and also address queries- Even after client consultation , do ensure that client is updated about whatever steps are being taken and also about the progress. Also, there can be queries from client regarding the legal matter or may ask for a legal advice. It has to be ensured that the queries are addressed and legal advice is also given .
Maintaining a good impression on the client is imperative for a lawyer .