Personal, compassionate service is what we're known for at NJM. We seek the best and brightest to help our customers when they need us most. As part of the NJM team, you'll not only enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry, you'll also be joining a company that's committed to professional development, diversity and innovative thinking.
This is an exciting opportunity to join team NJM as we continue to expand into new markets! NJM, a top-rated, leading provider of workers compensation and property and casualty insurance in the region is seeking a Staff Attorney to joining their WC legal team. This position will be based in our West Trenton, NJ Location and will be providing the defense of formal claims on behalf of NJM and its assured.
• Protect the interests of NJM assured in all litigated matters through preparation of the file, including legal research and utilization of resources available.
• Provide assertive and aggressive defense of formal claims in various Workers’ Compensation venues on a regular basis.
• Represent NJM in court and cover courts in Southern/Central NJ and possibly other areas as needed.
• Maintain communications with the assured during the formal adjudicatory process.
• Perform coverage analysis and legal support on claims in multiple jurisdictions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Must be currently licensed to practice law in NJ
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with Workers’ Comp. Cases
• Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
• Team-oriented and also able to work well independently
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and writing skills
• Ability to travel within the state and cover multiple counties.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in our policyholder base and the communities in which we do business.