Google Play App Store

one sided divorceone sided divorce

Family »Posted 29 Dec 2010 Post Answer

legal question I got married wih H1B visa holder in USA in March 2010. My parents in India had spent more than INR 5,000,000/= on our marriage. My husband is employed and is earning aprox. USD.12,000/= per month. and I am presently in USA on H4 visa with my husband who is on H1B visa, My husband is asking me to go back alone to India and has already booked my one way air ticket, My H4 visa is due to expire in March 2010. He insists that he will come to India at later date. He is not getting my visa extended in USA.

I have refused to go back to India alone and have asked him to either we both go back to India or he arrange for my visa extension. Now he has threatened me that he will divorce me in USA. My question is (i) whether it is possible that he can divorce me one sided and force me to go back before March 2010. (ii) will I get any compensation in case he divorces me in USA. (iii) will my parents get back the amount they had spent on our marriage.

Please advise me it is very urgent.

Note: - We try our level best to avoid any kind of abusive content posted by users. Kindly report to us if you notice any, [email protected]

Copyright @ Pathmpor Consultants Pvt Ltd